Welcome! This is our blog to share about the wonderful art and their creators in our DoxieCrafts.com shop. We also share about dachshund events we have attended as well as our three loved doxies, Laura, George and Jake.


Sunday, July 4, 2010

Featured Artist: Tisha Templin

It is a pleasure to introduce Tisha Templin. Doxie Crafts has offered her art to our customers since we opened our shop in early 2009. Honestly, it is like Christmas for us when a package arrives from her. Every piece is wonderful, detailed and obviously made with love. Tisha creates very original dachshund art pieces in 2 or 3 panels using paper, ink, fun embellishments and acrylic paint on 8" x 8" gallery profile frame with 1 3/8" stretchers. The image wraps around on the sides on the canvas to create a very complete design. If you own a piece of art from Tisha, you own a very original work that is not a copy or massed reproduced.

Tisha's background in her own words:
As a child I was exposed to all sorts of dance, music, theatre, and art. I attended the Arts Magnet High School in Dallas and have a BFA in Technical Theatre and Stage Management from the Conservatory of Theatre Arts at Webster University.

I began to focus on visual arts and painting animals in 1999, around the time that I got pregnant with my first child. A move in 2000 brought my family to Wisconsin. I paint in my home art studio outside of Madison,Wisconsin. My husband and I have two daughters. We share our home with a boston terrier and two retired greyhounds adopted from Greyhound Pets of America Wisconsin.

I work in acrylic and mixed medias. My pieces are colorful, bold, and full of character. I tend to focus on the head and the eyes since they tend to be the most expressive part of any animal. Despite all the art classes I have taken and all the paintings I have done, I will probably never stop mixing paint on my hands.

Dachshund Art by Tisha Templin:

Smooth Hair Dachshund Wall Art

Wire Hair Dachshund Wall Art

Long Hair Dachshund Wall Art

1 comment: