Welcome! This is our blog to share about the wonderful art and their creators in our DoxieCrafts.com shop. We also share about dachshund events we have attended as well as our three loved doxies, Laura, George and Jake.


Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dachshund Garden Flags but Bigger!!

I just received some wonderful colorful handmade garden flags. They are beautiful! I really enjoyed taking each out and snapping pictures in front of my beautiful azaleas. It was hard not to keep several.

The Flags
These flags are bigger than your usual garden flag at 13" x 21". The flags are made from poly cotton fabric. The design is appliqued on one side and cut away on the other. The flag has a sleeve on the bottom so as to insert a 3/8" dowel rod. This limits the flag from flipping onto itself.

The History of the Dachshund Flags
The flags were born from my desire to have a handmade dachshund flag in my yard. Yes, I pretty much use Doxie Crafts as an excuse to shop for myself. My sister is an art teacher and owner of Debbie's Designs so it was simple to bribe her into designing the flags. I met Shirley from And Sew On from another site where I enjoyed her flag work. She makes all her flags and banners from hand. We worked out a deal where Shirley makes these dachshund flags exclusive for Doxie Crafts. The doxies are Debbie's designs and all the color choices, wonderful sewing and embellishments are Shirley's. The flags are great because you get the result of two talented artists in one piece!

.
Dachshund Garden Flag: Two of Four Designs, Colors from White, Black to Colorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment